Pages

4 Nov 2008

Full name


Today i successfully created an adsense account after 2 times failed to create one.

The first application failed because of one of the article inside of my blog was represented in Indonesia, Google want all the article of the blog is all in the language we chose. I choose English as the main language for my blog. since there was one article in Indonesia, Google didn't accept my application.

I delivered my second application after i deleted the article in Indonesia. I delivered the application in exactly the same format as the previos one. After about two days, Google reply my application with fail. The reason for the rejection was my application is not complete.

Then i tried to resubmit the application and recheck all the required fields, first i thought that everything was okay then it was impossible that the information i submitted is not complete, but then i paid attention at the name. I fill my name with "Hendruw", and this is not an accepted one, i should provide a full name, then i fill it with "hendruw -", and at last my application is accepted

This is not the first time i found a problem with name, i found this problem when apllying for passport, visa and university entrance apllication. All of these application need a full name for application. For my parents, who are chinese, a name should be short and clear and as unique as possible, unlike the Americans or europeans who are really concern about name. Then they gave me a short name without surname. sighhh.... I thought, why didn't they gave my name with the family name in Chinese*. Then my name now shoud be "Hendruw Lim", since my family name in Chinese is Lim, but they didn't.

But it's okay, i don't blame them for this, this only a small problem that could be easily solve since i could get all the one i had a problem in with full name. I got my passport, my visa, and the university entrance examination.

*note: Chinese name consist of three letter (and always three) written in mandarin alphabet, the first letter comes with the family name, and the rest is the name given by parents.

3 comments:

  1. And what's this AdSense for ^^ ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for the incomplete link, adsense could be seen as ads from google, like on the top of my post or at the sidebar.

    I'll make the link right away...

    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  3. stuju,,ndru...gw jg ribet tuhh waktu mesen tiket pesawattt...
    harus ada last name...

    sedanGkan saia tidAk punyaa..
    di passport jg tak ada...
    mAkanya nAma gw jadi Ms. Wennie Wennie

    hahahaha


    cheers,


    -wEnZ-

    ReplyDelete