Pages

21 Oct 2008

Sharing experience in Googling



A week ago i found this problem in my office network.

My office's computers is connected through a hub without a server. All the computers are connected only for sharing files or printers, and all the computer in this network are using Microsoft XP as the Operating System. There's a computer used by a financial staff having important data to be shared. But when i tried to connect this computer into the network, this computer was not showing in my workgroup computers.

So first i start to take a look at this computer setting, and i think all the setting is no problem. There's nothing different from other computer. So that, i tried to search a help in "help and support" provided by windows. I search using the keyword "Network computer" in order to understand how the system work. But i got nothing

So then, i search the same keyword in google, and i found some little help in this problem, then, i change my keyword into "displaying computer in workgroup" Then this keyword gave me some links into forums that give me a little thing like

1. Measure the subnet of all the computer is all same.

2. check whether the firewall is blocking the file and printer sharing

But this all is correct in the computer.

Finally i post this problems at chip forum (Indonesia). And I got a reply that makes me aware about what i should search. So i take the new keywords "hide computer in network" then i got this link. Then it solve my problem.

From this experience, i think that when we are going to solve a problem, the easiest way to solve the problem is by finding how can we make the problem. So that we can find a way to solve it.

1 comment:

  1. yaphh...menyelesaikan masalAh itu salah saTu hAl yang sebenernya adalah bAgian dari pembelajaran...sayangnya gag byk orang yg memperhatikan ituh..^^


    -wEnZ-

    ReplyDelete